Declarations and exemptions
Section 70 of the Non-bank Deposit Takers Act 2013 provides for the Bank to exempt any licensed NBDT or trustee for any provision of the Act or its regulations. Section 73 provides that regulations may be made declaring a person to be or not to be a NBDT for the purposes of the Act.
The following sections provide information on exemptions:
- Exemption power and considerations – outlines the power given to the Reserve Bank to grant exemptions.
- Exemptions granted – provides a list of all exemptions granted to date by the Reserve Bank.
- Exemptions process – outlines how an NBDT can apply for an exemption.
The following sections provide information on declarations under the NBDT regime:
- Declaration power and considerations – outlines the ability of the Reserve Bank to recommend to the Minister of Finance that regulations be made declaring a person, or a class of persons, to be, or not to be, a deposit taker for the purposes of the Non-bank Deposit Takers Act 2013.
- Declarations made – provides a list of all declarations made to date under section 73.