Reserve Bank Korero - speaking and engagement programme
Reserve Bank staff meet and speak with a wide range of businesses, industry forums, community groups, schools and universities. These engagements are welcome opportunities to discuss topical issues and policies, hear people’s experiences and answer questions.
These engagements range from informal presentations at small gatherings, through to question and answer sessions, or formal keynote speeches. Topics our people can discuss include the economic outlook or financial stability and some of our key strategies, such as Te Ao Māori, Climate Change or Future of Cash.
Requesting a Reserve Bank speaker
The Reserve Bank receives a large volume of speaker requests and we assess each one on a case-by-case basis. Decisions are based on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, staff availability and whether the event supports the Bank’s wider policy and stakeholder engagement objectives.
Central to this is ensuring the Bank communicates with a wide range of audiences and the public can easily access information shared by Bank staff.
To request a speaker, please get in touch with Korero@rbnz.govt.nz.
Key details for event organisers
- We ask that all requests be sent at least eight weeks before event date.
- All requesters will be sent a form to fill out about the event details. Once the form is completed, we aim to respond to requests within two to three weeks.
- Where possible we will try to accommodate your preferred speaker and time/date of event but we may respond with alternative Bank speakers or times.
- If the event is open to public, speaking engagements will be listed on this page at least two weeks prior to the date.
- As part of our commitment to transparency and access to Bank information we encourage organisers to allow media to attend any speaking event involving a Bank official.
- Any media interview requests for Reserve Bank speakers must by arranged with the Bank’s External Stakeholders Team. For more information, or to make a media request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Speech notifications and content
- Some of the Reserve Bank’s key speeches are released formally.
- For these key speeches, a media advisory will be sent to Bank advisory email subscribers in advance of the event. You can sign up to receive these updates here.
- The Bank will publish the text of the formal speech on its website at the time of delivery.
- Where possible, a recording of the event involving the Bank speaker will be made available on the Bank’s website or social media channels.
Need more information
If you have any questions about the Bank’s Korero programme please contact Korero@rbnz.govt.nz