Thomas is a Senior Economic Analyst in the Forecasting team in the Economics Department. He joined the Bank in 2019. Prior to this, he worked for Deutsche Bundesbank (German central bank) in the Economics Department, Public Finance Division. Thomas holds two Master’s degrees in Economics and in Business Administration from the University of Bayreuth (Germany).
Current research interests:
- Unconventional monetary policy
- Low inflation, low interests
- Government debt and financial debt instruments
- Capital costs of non-financial businesses
- Bohm, T and Waldvogel, F (2012), “Etablierung eines außerbörslichen Kapitalmarktes für das Langlebigkeitsrisiko” (“Establishing an OTC-Market for Longevity Risk”), Corporate Finance biz, 2012-7, pp. 343-352