Gael is Manager of the Policy Research and Development team in the Economics Department. Since joining the Bank in 2010, she has worked in a range of research and policy roles, including in monetary policy forecasting and financial system policy. In 2019 Gael was seconded for six months to Stats NZ, where she managed the team that produces the Consumers Price Index. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration (Hons) in Economics from Victoria University of Wellington.
Current research interests:
- Macro policy and the Māori economy
- Central bank communication
- Understanding and measuring labour market tightness
- Dual mandates in monetary policy
- Strategic research: making new ideas effective in policy
- Robinson, F ,J. Culling and G. Price (2019) "Evaluating indicators of labour market capacity in New Zealand", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, June 2019, 2019/09
- Price, G and A. Wadsworth (2019) "Effective monetary policy committee deliberation in New Zealand", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, April 2019, 82 (1)
- Price, G. (2013) "Some revisions to the sectoral factor model of core inflation", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2013/06.
- Price, G, K. Kamber and C. McDonald (2013) "Drying out: Investigating the economic effects of drought in New Zealand", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2013/02.
- Price, G. (2012) "Building a picture of New Zealand manufacturing", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2012/11.
- Price, G. and O. Karagedikli (2012) "Identifying terms of trade shocks and their transmission to the New Zealand economy", New Zealand Association of Economist's conference paper