Gael Price - currently on secondment
Gael is an Adviser with the Forecasting team in the Economics Department. She joined the Bank in 2010 and has worked in Modelling and Prudential Supervision. She holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Administration (Hons) in Economics from Victoria University of Wellington.
Current research interests:
- New Zealand's manufacturing sector
- Modelling the New Zealand economy
- The role of models in policy
- (2013) "Some revisions to the sectoral factor model of core inflation", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2013/06.
- (2013) with Gunes Kamber and Chris McDonald, "Drying out: Investigating the economic effects of drought in New Zealand", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2013/02.
- (2012) "Building a picture of New Zealand manufacturing", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, 2012/11.
- (2012) with Ozer Karagedikli, "Identifying terms of trade shocks and their transmission to the New Zealand economy", New Zealand Association of Economist's conference paper