Finn is an Economic Analyst in the Forecasting team in the Economics Department. Finn was a summer intern at the Reserve Bank over 2016/2017, working in the Prudential Supervision department. He re-joined the bank as an Economic Analyst in 2018 after graduating from the University of Otago with a Master of Economics (with distinction).
Current research interests:
- Fiscal policy and wealth inequality
- Explaining and modelling low wage inflation in New Zealand
- Forecasting performance of capacity pressure indicators
- Developing labour force participation forecasts
- Callaghan, M; Culling J and Robinson F (2018) “Ageing is a drag: Projecting labour force participation in New Zealand” Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Note, November 2018, AN2018/10