Anella is a Senior Adviser in the Research Team in the Economics Department. She joined the team in 2003 then worked at the Bank for International Settlements in Hong Kong from 2007-2009. She returned to the Reserve Bank in 2010. Prior to joining the Bank, she worked for the Asian Development Bank.
Anella holds a BSc in Electrical Engineering (MIT), and a DPhil in Economics (Oxford).
Current research interests:
- Open economy macroeconomics
- Financial intermediation in DSGE models
- Macro-prudential policy
- Munro A and Jacob, P (2018) "A prudential stable funding requirement and monetary policy in a small open economy" Journal of Banking and Finance, Elsevier, Vol 94 (C), pages 89-106
- Munro, A and Karagedikli, O (2018) “Interview with Atif Mian, Princeton University” Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, March 2018, Vol. 81, No. 1
- "Bond premia, monetary policy and exchange rate dynamics", Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper DP2016/11
- "Exchange rates, expectations and risk: UIP unbound", CAMA working paper 73/2014
- "Monetary policy and funding spreads", with B. Wong, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Analytical Note 2014/07.
- "The macroeconomic effects of a stable funding requirement", with C. Bloor and R. Craigie, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, Discussion Paper 2012/05.
- "Financial sector amplification and credit cycles in New Zealand", with R. Craigie, Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Vol.73, No.2 (June 2010)
- "Why borrow offshore?", with Susan Black, BIS Working Paper 334
- "Motivations for swap-covered borrowing", with Philip Wooldridge, BIS Papers No 52 145
- "What drives the current account in commodity exporting countries? The cases of Chile and New Zealand", with Juan Pablo Medina, and Claudio Soto, BIS Working Paper 247.
- "The International Financial Crisis: Timeline, impact and policy response in Asia and the Pacific", with A. Filardo, J. George, M. Loretan, G. Ma, I. Shim, P. Wooldridge, J Yetman, H. Zhu, Background paper for "The International Financial Crisis and Policy Challenges in Asia and the Pacific," a wrap-up Conference of the BIS Asian Research Programme 6-8 August 2009, Shanghai.
- "Understanding New Zealand's Current Account: a structural approach", with Rishab Sethi, Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper DP2007/10, 2007
- "The Present Value Model and New Zealand's Current Account", with Rishab Sethi, Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper, DP2006/12. 2006.
- "Update on Eurokiwi and Uridashi bonds", with David Drage and Cath Sleeman, Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Vol 68. No 3, September 2005.