Capital Review Consultation Timeline
May – Oct 2017
- Round one of consultation: Issues to be reviewed.
July – Nov 2017
- Round two of consultation: What should qualify as bank capital?
Dec 2017 – July 2018
- Round three of consultation: Calculation of risk weighted assets.
- Round four of consultation: How much capital is enough?
- Seminar for Victoria University masters’ students
- Briefing for Government Ministers
- Forum with banks
- Briefing for news media
- Speech by Deputy Governor Geoff Bascand
- Briefing for UBS analysts and clients
- Briefing for ACT party
- Background paper published
- Briefing for National party
May – June 2019
- Round four of public consultation closes
- Publish submissions and summary of what they say
- Presentation at IMF / World Bank conference
- Publish a response to submissions
- Publish a Regulatory Impact Assessment
- Decisions on appropriate risk appetite for banking crises and level of capital required
- Decisions on which financial instruments qualify as ‘high quality’ (Tier 1), and which financial instruments will remain eligible as capital
- Decisions on changes to the risk-weighted assets framework
- Decisions on transition – i.e. how much time banks have to comply with decisions