RBNZ MPS, OCR, FSR dates for 2017-2018
The Reserve Bank today announced the schedule for the release in 2017 and 2018 of its quarterly Monetary Policy Statements (MPS), the interim Official Cash Rate (OCR) reviews, and the six-monthly Financial Stability Reports (FSR).
The Bank last year published release dates up to mid-2017, and these will be retained.
The publication rule is that:
- The Bank will publish the MPS on the second Thursday, in February, May, August and November. Each MPS includes an OCR announcement.
- There will be three intervening OCR reviews, to be released on the fourth Thursday of March, June, and September.
- The FSR will still be published in May and November, but, from November 2016, on the last Wednesday of the month, instead of the second Wednesday.
Head of Communications Mike Hannah said the schedule ensures that the Bank captures the latest key economic data available for its policy decisions.
“By extending the schedule to two years, it also gives the financial markets clarity over a longer timeframe to enable more efficient risk management and pricing of financial instruments.”
The Bank reserves the right to make changes to this schedule, if required, due to extraordinary circumstances. In such an event, the markets and the media would be given as much notice as possible.
Announcements are made at 9.00am on the day concerned and are posted to the Reserve Bank website shortly after. Media conferences are held at the release of all MPSs at 10:00am and FSRs at 11:00am, and these are live-streamed on the Bank's website.
The 2017 and 2018 release dates are as follows:
Monetary Policy Statement / Official Cash Rate announcements
2017 OCR & MPS
- 9 February 2017 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 23 March 2017 OCR
- 11 May 2017 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 22 June 2017 OCR
- 10 August 2017 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 28 September 2017 OCR
- 9 November 2017 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
2018 OCR & MPS
- 8 February 2018 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 22 March 2018 OCR
- 10 May 2018 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 28 June 2018 OCR
- 9 August 2018 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
- 27 September 2018 OCR
- 8 November 2018 OCR & MPS: Media conference and webcast
Financial Stability Report
2017 FSR: Media conference and webcast
- 31 May 2017
- 29 November 2017
2018 FSR: Media conference and webcast
- 30 May 2018
- 28 November 2018
Mike Hannah, Head of Communications,
Ph 04 471 3671, 021 497 418, firstname.lastname@example.org