Ministerial and OIA Adviser
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Great Team, Best Central Bank
- Utilise your communication skills and initiative in this important and intellectually challenging role
- Enjoy a relationship management focus in a smaller and agile organisation
- Newly created Wellington-based position
Are you already enjoying a similar role utilising your editorial skills, but want to experience how noticeable your contribution is in a smaller organisation? Do you thrive in a deadline-driven role where you can use your initiative and relationship management strengths every day?
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand is New Zealand's central bank. Our vision is to be a Great Team and the Best Central Bank. We operate with passion, integrity, innovation and inclusiveness. Our main objective is to promote a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system and to ultimately raise New Zealand's economic wellbeing.
To best meet the communications needs that come from our clear vision, we have created a number of new Communications positions to bring on additional talent to join us on our exciting journey of transformation. We are building a full-service Communications Department that is focused on providing highly effective, multi-channel stakeholder communications in a rapidly evolving financial landscape.
You'll work with the business to provide consistent, high-quality responses to requests for information made under the Official Information Act, and support interactions and communications with Ministers and political parties.
You will enjoy making connections with business areas to support informative, accurate and timely responses to requests.
Your writing and editorial skills will be your ‘towering strength' in addition to:
- the ability to build effective working relationships with others to deliver high-quality work within set deadlines
- experience and knowledge of the machinery of government including the Official Information Act, Privacy Act, Public Records Act and Ombudsman Act
- great problem solving skills and resourcefulness when it comes to gathering and analysing information then getting to the heart of what the responses need to contain
We are a growing team of committed communication professionals who are supportive and focused in our efforts. While we have an ambitious plan to deliver, we know we'll have fun along the way, celebrate our successes and make the most of the rich opportunities for growth and learning. Our work has a big impact on the lives of all New Zealanders, and we carry that responsibility with pride. If you'd like to join a team of professionals who are passionate about the prosperity and wellbeing of New Zealanders, and contribute to a sustainable and productive economy, we would love to hear from you.
To find out more please review the position description through jobs.govt.nz and for specific queries, contact Kelly Winyard, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 471 3783.
All applications are to be submitted online through jobs.govt.nz by Wednesday 18 September 2019.