Adviser Strategic Projects - Climate Change
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Great Team, Best Central Bank
- Are you the skilled shaper and influencer who can turn our vision into reality?
- New position created with a focus on our climate change strategy
- Wellington or Auckland-based
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (The Bank) is New Zealand's central bank. Our vision is to be the Best central bank with a Great team. We operate with passion, integrity, innovation and inclusiveness. Our main objective is to promote a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system and to ultimately raise New Zealand's economic wellbeing.
We lead and influence in areas where we can have a meaningful impact such as climate change, financial inclusion and regional issues relevant to our central bank mandate. The Governance, Strategy and Corporate Relations group is responsible for leading governance, strategy development, planning and performance as well as coordinating bank-wide strategies such as Climate Change, Te Ao Māori and our efforts in the South Pacific region.
This newly created Adviser Strategic Projects role will primarily drive our climate change strategy to ensure that New Zealand's financial system contributes to the necessary global climate action. You'll be highly astute in terms of understanding the climate risk and implications it has on the policy decisions we make as a central bank.
You will enjoy making connections in this role as you'll identify and grow networks to influence and get traction on the Climate Change strategy across a number of policy and related programmes with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You'll be adaptable and up for new challenges in this growing team and it is likely that you will also get involved in the Te Ao Māori and South Pacific strategies as required.
Key requirements for this position include:
- An ability to effectively influence and gain traction to advance new strategic priorities.
- Subject matter experience within a regulatory, policy or strategic implementation background within the climate change, sustainability or sustainable finance area.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills to deliver and facilitate change.
- An understanding of central banking and regulatory networks, organisations, and relevant international context to apply the appropriate focus and objectives to this position.
Further information regarding 'Reserve Bank and Climate Change' can be located on our website.
Specific questions about the role can be made to Kelly Winyard, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 471 3783.
All applications are to be submitted through jobs.govt.nz by Sunday 18 August 2019.