Adviser Statistical Development Data and Statistics Department
Do you have a passion for leading a data modernisation strategy?
Do you have analytical nous and an ability to determine business statistical requirements?
Are you eager to learn and have an ability to lead and influence others?
Then this could be the new challenge you are looking for!
We are seeking a highly motivated thought leader to join the Data and Statistics Department at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
The Reserve Bank manages monetary policy to maintain price stability, promotes the maintenance of a sound and efficient financial system, and supplies New Zealand banknotes and coins.
The Data and Statistics Department plays an important role in meeting the statistical needs of the Reserve Bank’s functions, and those of its external stakeholders. The Reserve Bank publishes financial statistics for use by the general public, media, economists and financial analysts.
The department has a strong customer focus and drives the Reserve Bank’s data and statistics strategy.
The Adviser will identify and lead improvements to the department’s services. The Adviser will work closely and collaboratively across the Reserve Bank, understand user needs, formulate and drive initiatives to collect, manage and disseminate data and statistics to enable quality decision making.
Successful applicants will have:
- A tertiary degree in economics, finance, statistics or other related disciplines.
- Ideally a minimum of six years relevant work experience in either statistics and/or a financial institution and leadership experience
- Sound knowledge and experience of New Zealand financial markets, institutions and evolving international statistical reporting requirements and techniques for financial data.
- Experience with implementation of data-handling software management processes, and familiarity with current uses and potential of data-handling systems.
- A pro-active approach to work, identifying new initiatives and seeing them through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a motivated and busy team.
- Project management experience, the ability to manage multiple projects, and a track record of delivering results.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand offers a working environment that is both stimulating and flexible, and provides excellent opportunities for career development.
Informal enquiries about the role can be made to Steffi Schuster, Head of Data and Statistics via email Steffi.Schuster@rbnz.govt.nz.
Written applications including your CV and covering letter should be emailed to Keira.Peters@rbnz.govt.nz by Wednesday 20 February 2019.