Adviser - FMI and Payments Supervision
Supervision Department - The Reserve Bank of New Zealand – Great Team, Best Central Bank
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand (The Bank) is New Zealand's central bank. Our vision is to be the Best central bank with a Great team. We operate with passion, integrity, innovation and inclusiveness.
Our main objective is to promote a sound and dynamic monetary and financial system and to ultimately raise New Zealand's economic wellbeing.
We welcome people to the Bank from diverse backgrounds, disciplines and experience. We encourage open and inquiring minds and provide a supportive and collegial team environment. We are achievement focused, invested in each other's success, energised and resilient.
We operate in a complex and changing global landscape and are acutely conscious of our heritage and history. Our Te Ao Maori strategy and awareness is a critical lens across all our work.
We are open, always learning. We love what we do and carry out our responsibilities with pride.
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced, highly motivated individual to join the Reserve Bank's Supervision Department, to work on the supervision of financial market infrastructures (FMIs) and contribute to building a new supervisory model for the sector. This is your opportunity to make a significant contribution and impact at an exciting time.
FMIs such as payment and settlement systems are a critical element of the financial system. The Reserve Bank's oversight of FMIs is a key component of our work to promote financial stability.
This position is based in Wellington and will enable you to be a part of the Reserve Bank's dynamic culture and build your career in a flexible working environment.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Helping to build a new supervisory model that will be applied following passing of new FMI oversight legislation;
- Technical leadership in guiding, mentoring and supporting other members of the team in respect of FMI supervision;
- Day-to-day supervision of assigned FMIs; and
- Advice to other areas of the Reserve Bank on matters relating to FMIs.
Ideally you will have all (or some of) the following:
- Extensive, broad-based experience in a bank, financial institution or supervisory authority (this is essential);
- Strong academic qualifications in banking and finance related disciplines, with relevant professional experience in related fields;
- A deep understanding of one or more of the legal, accounting and economic environments within which FMIs operate;
- Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with a proven strength in effectively managing external and internal stakeholder relationships and working as part of a team, including as a senior member of a team;
- Proven ability to guide, assist and coach other colleagues within a team;
- Excellent process management capability; and
- A reputation as a collaborative team player with a positive, enthusiastic “can-do” attitude.
For more information please email Sharon Brooks on Sharon.Brooks@rbnz.govt.nz or call on 04 471 3983.
All applications will need to be submitted online here, including a CV and covering letter by Sunday 21st July 2019.