Searching within Box File Transfer Service
How to search for a folder in Box File Transfer Service, including search tips.
If you have access to a lot of folders in Box, using Search to find the right one can save you time.
How to search for a folder
- Click into the Search bar at the top of the Box window and start typing the name of the folder you are looking for
- As you begin typing, suggested results will appear below the Search bar. If one of these suggested results is the folder you’re looking for, simple click on it to be taken to it directly
- If you would like to see all the results of your search query, press [Enter] on your keyboard or click See all results at the bottom of the list of suggested results.
How to jump to a folder
Another way to get to a folder quickly is to use the All Files drop down.
- On the Box home page, click the Show folder tree drop down triangle next to All Files.
- This will display your entire folder structure and allow you to navigate quickly to a specific folder, by clicking on it.
Searching in Box is easy. Here are a few tips to help you search smarter.
Wildcard symbols are not required in Box because of the intelligent way Box searches across your folders.
- Searching for the word Bo automatically includes the words Box or Boat or Book in your search results.
Use quotation marks (“ “) to search for exact matches on phrases.
- A search for “Box Folder” may return results including the phrase box.folder, Box folder, Box_Folder or any item containing the words Box and Folder consecutively.
You can use Boolean operators in your search. The operators are AND, OR and NOT (in capital letters).
- box AND folder will return results that contain both the word box and the word folder.
- box NOT folder will return results that contain the word box but not the word folder.
- box OR folder will return results that contain either the word box or the word folder.
These user guides contain instructions and more information about Box File Transfer Service.