For help with the statistics you require please contact
All new and revised data published by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand are released here.
The Reserve Bank is considering submissions received on a consultation document on registered bank data collections. The consultation on registered bank data collections closed on 29 June 2012. View the summary of submissions (PDF 153KB) received from banks.
The statistics tables are available in 2 formats:
- HTML - for a quick look at the most recent statistics
- MS Excel - to download historical or long-run data series.
Not sure which table to look at? Try the A-Z listing of statistics.
Advance release calendar
The calendar of tables scheduled for release, is updated on the Bank's website each Friday. This is a long-term plan of scheduled releases.
Revisions to data are generally published when a table is next updated and released. Major revisions and backdates are undertaken quarterly, and a Special note is attached to the table. Should revisions need to be made more promptly, a note is posted on the website in "Revisions to Tables".
You can access statistics published by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand via a list of all tables or by using the categories below.
Key graphs are charts of selected data series that are commonly used or requested by members of the public. The full data is available to download in Excel. The site will be updated (approximately) every two weeks.
Access the templates for RBNZ surveys.
Symbols and conventions
The following symbols have been used throughout:
|-||Nil (used where a response was anticipated and zero or blank was provided)|
|0.0||Indicates a response has been received but the figure is too small to be displayed.|
|..||Not yet available or not applicable. Including coverage/definitions inconsistent with other data shown for that category (also includes non-trading days for daily data.)|
|Bold text||Revised/new data|
|Italics text||Provisional data|
- Because of rounding, the sum of separate items may sometimes differ from the total shown.
- Percentage changes are calculated prior to rounding. Thus percentage changes calculated using the rounded figures in the tables may not agree exactly with those presented.
- Material published in our website Statistical tables may be used without restriction, but acknowledgement would be appreciated.