2. There is no need to disclose personal information. The Site can be viewed without the need to disclose any personal information to us.
3. If you disclose personal information: You may choose to disclose personal information when adding material to the Site. Such information will be viewable by Site administrators, certain Reserve Bank of New Zealand staff and contractors (including third parties who provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site) and, if published, members of the public. Please do not post or otherwise transmit personal information of a sensitive nature.
4. Storing information: Personal information that you provide will be held by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, and may be shared with, and held by, Third Party Contractors to the extent necessary for those parties to provide administration and/or improvement services in relation to the Site. Email addresses provided when submitting forms or when emailing feedback directly to the Reserve Bank are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we will not publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us without their consent.
5. Use of personal information: We use personal information provided to us for the purpose of administering, evaluating and improving the Site, improving our services and communicating with you. This information is retained and may be accessed or disclosed to third parties for analytics reporting and cyber security purposes.
6. Feedback: Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the Site. If you provide feedback on the Site directly to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand via the supplied email address, that feedback will be sent to appropriate RBNZ staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within RBNZ who administer, have contributed content to, or are otherwise interested in, the Site. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
7. Statistical information collection: We collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the Site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying.
8. Use of statistical information: The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by Site administrators and certain other Reserve Bank staff.
9. Cookies: This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring Site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this Site without affecting your ability to use the Site.
10. Public Records, Official Information and Parliament: Your emails and contributions to the Site may constitute public records and be retained to the extent required by the Public Records Act 2005. The Reserve Bank may also be required by law to disclose those materials (for example, under the Official Information Act 1982 or to a Parliamentary Select Committee).
11. Your rights: Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to the Reserve Bank of New Zealand in connection with your use of this Site. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that the Reserve Bank has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. The Reserve Bank may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
12. Privacy Concerns: If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Officer:
The Privacy Officer
Reserve Bank of New Zealand
PO Box 2498
Publication of email addresses on this site should not be taken as deemed consent to receiving unsolicited email. Persons or organisations wishing to send email material to individuals or organisations whose email addresses appear on this website must comply with the requirements of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand produces a variety of publications and research dealing with monetary policy, financial stability, and related economic and financial issues. Most are available without charge as part of the Reserve Bank's public information service. For more information see our publications section.
Every effort has been made by the Bank to ensure that material published on this website is accurate and up to date. However, the Bank takes no responsibility or accepts no liability arising from: